Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Honest Reflection

My Honest Reflection.

1. I can honestly can say that I've learned how to use all the things we covered in class with the exception of a few. Twitter is hard for me to use because I am private, and I don't feel like tweeting about mundane things I am doing throughout the day. I really am proud of my blog, I really use Skype a lot with my son, Windows Moviemaker was really fun to use and I will use this in the future with my family photos and videos, Comments For Kids was enjoyable, and my daughter enjoyed this especially. I was blown away about Itunes U and how it was incorporated in the universities, and didn't even know my son was using a form of this at Alabama. Youtube has been my savior when I don't know how to download a video or anything. I'm even using this as a single mom to fix things at my home. I installed my own dlp bulb in my huge tv with an instructional video from Youtube.

2. Because I am basically starting from scratch in this class, technology wise, there is nothing I wish I had learned and did not. Everything was new to me and useful.

3. I don't want to forget anything I have learned good or bad. Except maybe my Twitter account. Even though I was constantly feeling like a dummy and a lot of times Dr. Strange made me feel like a dummy, I want to remember everything I have learned.

4. Again, even though I complained a lot, I am excited that I know how to do a large number of things I would have never have learned if I didn't take this class. Even the smallest thing like posting a link, I didn't know how to do! I didn't go to school in an era that we used these things. I am excited when I show my kids my blog and how I made a movie. Or how I kept up with my blogging.

5. What I found challenging was the syllabus and trying to keep up with what I had to do. There is so much information and assignments everywhere! I need everything to be in one place.

6. Bored? Please.... Maybe bored of not knowing what I was doing.

7. Again I would change the way we have to go to a number of documents to figure out what we need to do. This could be organized better.

8. I would say I am at the Some-Medium level. Dr. Strange may not agree. But from where I started I'm great!

9. I want to learn more and will try to improve my skills in all the areas we covered. I am also excited to use some of the things when I teach. Maybe podcasting, or Skypeing my students etc. I will also get my son to teach me new things since he is technologically savvy.

1 comment:

  1. "I don't feel like tweeting about mundane things I am doing throughout the day." You don't have to. I never do. But it has been very rewarding professionally which is the way I use it.

    "Dr. Strange made me feel like a dummy" I sure didn't mean to. Never thought you were.

    "even though I complained a lot" That's a laugh. You were never even close to being in the complainers club.

    "I need everything to be in one place." Either you will have to put it there or learn to live with the WORLD the way it is. Scattered, complex, changing, mixed up, never in the same place. Besides, being in the same place gets boring.

    Syllabus - agreed!

    "I am also excited to use some of the things when I teach. Maybe podcasting, or Skypeing my students etc. I will also get my son to teach me new things since he is technologically savvy" Great! But it is up to YOU to learn! It just takes practice. And the further behind you are the more practice you need. A fact of life!

    Good luck. Stick with it. I am confident you will succeed.

    ReplyDelete