Sunday, January 31, 2010

Week 4 - Podcasts

This is how much I know about a podcast I kept thinking something was wrong because the video never popped up. Who know it was just audio? I'm too old for this. I found the Kidcast pretty informative since I know nothing about creating a podcast. I think it would be a great teaching tool in the classroom. Teaching With a Smartboard needs to be mandatory for all the teachers at South Alabama. None of my instructors are taking full advantage of thier boards because they don't know how to use them. They won't even touch thier boards because they are scared of them. This podcast was informative and I liked the animation they provided. But these guys banter back and forth too much. Get to the lesson.
I picked a podcast called How Stuff Works. Two guys named Josh and Chuck teach people about things you would never even think of knowing. I listened to How Organ Donation works. They provide a wealth of knowledge on the most mundane things like, Why Are Honeybees Dissapearing to some really interesting topics like, how witness protection works, do Zombies really exist or my favorite are stupid people happy? It's easy to listen to something I would like on a long roadtrip. This Week in Photography was pretty good if your into photography or just a novice like I am. They are a tad egotistical but I found it but I found I helpful even as a beginner photographer.
MacBreak Weekly was one I was looking forward to listening to since the episode was about the new Ipad. I probably will tell my son about this podcast because I just bought him a Macbook. These guys are really pro Mac I doub't you will hear anything that wasn't positive. The only concern they had was whether to buy the 3G or WiFi version. This girl Justine was really hyped about it and it made me want to find out more. EdTechTalk was pretty good even though the ladies talking were annoying.
I listened to the episode on the Iphone. It was okay I really would like these people to get on with the subject at hand instead of talking about what they all did for the week. I listened forever to one lady talk about climbing the bridge in Australia. Boring. Then I went to a show on gaming and it was a little easier to listen to.

2 comments:

  1. I bet you now know what a videocast is!

    I also assigned, in a post on the class blog, 3 short videos for this week's blog post. I did this to emphasize how important it is for students to read the class blog every day!

    You did not do that assignment so you need to go back, read the instructions, and do it. And read the class blog every day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS. You are not too old for this. It is not intellectually challenging. It just takes practice. Practice. Practice!

    ReplyDelete