Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Week ending February 7, Resources for podcasts

Podcasting In The Classroom

This was a really informative podcast it was easy to watch and had some great ideas of how you can utilize podcasts in your classroom and how it can help students. The scenario where the girl was sick and she didn't want to miss class because she had a big test coming up hit home because I have an eleven year old and her classes are so difficult I'm guilty of sending her to school when she's not feeling well just to get the information for her test.
Even though I'm not the most Tekkie person I really am excited to use this in my classroom. Not only to give information for students that are absent or even need a refresher from thier notes. But also to send messages to my students even if they need an optimistic word from their teacher to give them motivation. I also am excited to get them involved doing podcasts. One day I'm sure I can get more savvy to use this technology that I didn't know existed.

2 comments:

  1. Denise,

    I also liked the idea of being able to help students who have to miss class. I thought it was a great example. The one think I mentioned in my blog was that I was scared teachers will soon be replaced. I know that is quite extreme, but with the rate of technology, I think it is likely. I am glad you have a desire to become more technologically literate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You don't have to be "techie." You just have to know what is available and how they can increase your effectiveness as a teacher.

    ReplyDelete