Monday, February 15, 2010

WEEK 6


Dr. Alice Christie

I really connected with Dr. Christie's blog on geocaching. I have been geocaching with my kids and it's like a treasure hunt. I would have never thought of using this with a class. I liked the fact that Dr. Christie would take her students to national parks and historical areas and use geocaching and gps systems to help them learn about the location. She would use teams and color code the teams giving them clues and use the contents of the geocache to understand the curriculum.
I know with my kids it was helpful even for them to learn to read gps systems and even with direction. It takes the students from a classroom to a exciting environment to learn and explore. Students use cooperative learning and work together and if they are successful they are rewarded with a prize from the geocache.

No comments:

Post a Comment